SEMBA MENTORING PROGRAM
The SEMBA Mentor Program, inaugurated in the fall of 2002 is designed to pair a novice beekeeper with an experienced beekeeper (or mentor) living relatively close by. The experienced beekeeper would be able to answer questions by phone or e-mail or might make an on-site visit to help with some problem.
The mentor program is designed for the beginning beekeeper. To qualify for the mentor program, the beginning beekeeper will have taken SEMBA's Beginning Beekeeper's Class or has at least two years of beekeeping experience and has taken a beekeeping class. The program is NOT intended as a substitute for beginning beekeeping instruction.
Each pair would develop their own plan of cooperation. Some mentors have agreed to help more than one beginner. The mentor list now includes:
- Paul Mazur – Brighton and Mt Pleasant area
- Ron Forfinski – Brighton area
- Jim Goodrich - Lapeer County area
- Clayton Scholz – Northville area
- Win Harless – Plymouth – Canton area
- Meghan Milbrath - Stock Bridge
- David Jebb - Saline Area
- If you are interested in becoming involved in the mentor program as a mentor or a mentee or need more information please e-mail email@example.com As new mentors volunteer, we will add those names and the area served to this page of the SEMBA web site. For new mentors, a contact will be made with you before assigning a mentee.